Monday, November 15, 2010

Run-On-Sentence Frog

Okay, we didn't actually go out on a date (nor did I even CONSIDER it) but this very short-lived experience was too good not to tell you about.

After a number of online dating experiences, you become a little more adept about scanning through profiles, ignoring emails and winks and being as selective as you possibly can be.

Here are a few things that drive me crazy:
1. Tons of photos....and the guy is wearing sunglasses in all of them. You're cool. I get it. But I can't trust someone who considers their "best" look to be one where no one can see their eyes.
2. Guys who say they "love to laugh". Ummmm, does anyone HATE to laugh?
3. Spelling errors. I get that you might not be the best speller and/or typer in the world but turn on the spell check or use your "phone a friend" option to review.
4. If you decide to email me, please make it a coherent, interesting email. And please let me know in some way that you actually read my profile - i.e. where I live, interests, etc.

And #4 brings me to "Run-On-Sentence" Frog. He's a 44 year old chap from Flagstaff who already has THREE kids, is divorced and "isn't sure" if he wants more kids. He also went to ASU - not a deal-breaker - but not a point in his favor.

Here's the email he sent (transcribed verbatim - spelling, capitalization, punctuation, grammar...I can't make this up):

I Hope that this reaches you doing well. I guess I should start of by saying that your smile was the first thing that caught my eye, you have an amazing smile thats warm and full of happiness. And while I do find you quite attractive it was your profile that was the factor in this email. I enjoyed reading what you wrote, you seem to have a great love for life and is a true genuine caring person that enjoys being active and having a good time I also like that we have a lot in common and hope that I will have the oppertunity of getting to know you. I am pretty new at this, and newly back to the southwest, I am looking for someone special to spend my life with. I dont know what your comfort level is or if I will even catch your eye as you did mine but if so, I would like to offer my number as a way to contact me I hope this isnt to bold Tracy

And....here was one of his photos:













I'm sure he's a very nice man with completely honorable intentions but.....SERIOUSLY. What exactly do we have in common?

Lesson I'm trying to learn - There are all sorts of frogs in the pond. Sometimes you catch a great one, sometimes you have to practice catch-and-release and sometimes you have to just skip the trip to the pond.

2 comments:

  1. Oh MY! I'm speechless, though can also attest to that amazing smile that he was smitten by which drove those 23 year old Dirtbags boys so crazy and caused this guy to incoherently blabber on like a crazy loon and post some crazy pictures of his steroid-self while writing run-on sentences (...like I did just now!) Thanks for sharing! I am certain that there is a great frog just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm...did he call you Tracy???

    I'd skip that pond too! I can't believe he seriously posted that picture. hahaha. Come on man!

    ReplyDelete