Tuesday, April 10, 2012

5'9" Frog

Okay, I admit, it's one of my "things" - height. I don't think it's too much to ask that my date/boyfriend/husband be taller than me even when I'm in heels. Maybe I'm crazy.

After communicating online with 5'9" Frog, we agreed to meet for a drink. I got there first and sat waiting patiently for him. I purposely wore flat flip-flops to make sure our heights were compatible at a very basic level. (For the record, I'm 5'6" flat footed.) And...in walks my date. I stand up...and look down. Okay, maybe not THAT bad but he WAS at least an inch shorter than me. 5'9" my foot! Height-exaggerating frog.

But, I sucked it up and hoped that, in lieu of height, his personality and charm would win me over and I wouldn't care about his height in the least. I am an optimist if nothing else.

Here's a sampling of the questions I was asked/statements that he made within the first 30 minutes or so:

- Do you have any tattoos?
- (Leaning over and sniffing my shoulder) What kind of perfume do you wear?
- Have you ever been with a black guy?
- Are you offended by that question? Because I make fun of all minorities.
- Is that a cooch purse? (Joking about the Coach purse I was carrying.)
- Have you ever been to The Cooch House? (Referencing a local bar called The Coach House.)
- I'm totally a metrosexual guy. Look at the giraffe on my shirt.

Short or not, definitely not the frog for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment